Basic directions of scientific studies:
Scientific research works are conducted with unique installations of the experimental complex:
- High-energy physics.
- Neutrino physics.
- Cosmic ray physics.
- Physics of the Sun and Sun-Earth connections.
- Remote monitoring of upper layers of atmosphere and magnetosphere.
It is possible to divide the experiments conducted on the installations of the complex into three groups:
- Neutrino water detector (NEVOD) is a multipurpose Cherenkov water calorimeter with volume of 2000 m3, equipped with the system of scintillation calibration telescopes and acoustic antenna.
- Coordinate detectors (DECOR) with the total area of 115 m2 created in the collaboration with Italian physicists.
- Muon hodoscope (TEMP) dedicated for registering particles simultaneously from 65,000 directions.
- Investigations of different components of cosmic rays, including neutrinos, with the NEVOD detector (1995-1997).
- Study of variations of muon flux with the TEMP hodoscope (1998-2002).
- Investigations of muon component of cosmic rays in a wide interval of zenith angles by means of NEVOD-DECOR installation (2001-2004).